Once people had gotten their share of sweets and the head table was removed from the dance floor, it was time to kick the party off with our first slow dance. Like much of our ceremony music, I had this song picked out for a long time. Click to listen along with Dave Matthews Band’s “You and Me.”
Fun fact: the lyrics of this song (“we can do anything”) are tattooed on my ribcage.
About a week before the wedding, we decided to sneak in a quick dance lesson. It allowed us to do some sweet moves like a twirl…
And a dip…
But mostly we just swayed around the dance floor through the first and second verses.
On the second chorus, we motioned to our bridal party who were waiting on the edges of the dance floor, to come join us. It looked a little like this…
And I was super excited that everyone came to join us!
Then, during the bridge, the DJ announced that we’d like all of our guests to join us on the dance floor.
With my new husband in my arms and our friends and family surrounding us, it was a perfect moment.
All photos courtesy of studiOsnap unless otherwise noted.
Previously, on the Airplane Wedding…
- A bit of chaos leading up to the rehearsal
- Mama Plane gets a surprise before we rehearse
- We eat and look at baby photos
- The Flight Crew get some swag
- I get a case of wedding butterflies (the evil kind)
- The bridal suite is the place to be
- I get pretty
- Airplane bridesmaids falling down
- The men dress and drink
- All those little things
- …And a few more things
- Boys will be boys
- First look fun
- Just the two of us
- Formals for the rest
- The ceremony begins
- Processional fun
- The bride arrives
- We get the ceremony underway
- Vows and kisses and marriage, oh my!
- Reception successes
- Some super fly entrances
- Toastess with the mostess
- Our guests get some sweet eats